(1) Industries that are appropriate to academic programmes offered at UPM;
(2) Industries that can benefit UPM (in terms of human capital, research and development) and benefit the State and society;
(3) Industries that do not involve financial liability or harm to UPM for each run partnership. UPM's involvement in terms of expertise, facilities and students;
(4) Legitimate industry in terms of the law. UPM shall not be convicted of any offence or rule of law committed by the industry through ongoing collaboration;
(5) Industries that do not involve the interests of any political organisation, certain tribes, illegal organisations and religious extremism.