FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR INDUSTRIAL TRAINING ABROAD
- Fill in and complete the Application for Study Abroad (Outbound) form, UPM/ID/SAOUT/BR01 from the International Division, UPM.
- Prepare all required attachments based on the checklist on the form.
- Submit to the respective Faculty Academic Unit/Division.
- Receive application forms from students.
- Prepare a list of applications based on qualifications, annual quarters of the faculty and conditions set.
- Arrange an interview session (if necessary).
- Send the list and student application form proposed by the faculty to the International Division of UPM.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF UPM INTERNATIONAL DIVISION
- Receive the list and student application form from the Faculty.
- Forward the application to the Director, Industry Contact Center and Network (CiRNeT), Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Industry & Community Network).
- Bring the approved application for Financial Assistance/Loan by the Director of CiRNeT to the UPM Mobility Committee Meeting.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CIRNET
- Receive a list and student application form from the International Division.
- Check the adequacy of the form.
- Bring, present and obtain the Trustee's confirmation in the Trustee Meeting, Industrial Training Trust Account, Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Industry & Community Network).
- Forward to the International Division to be presented in the UPM Mobility Committee Meeting.
FACULTY ANNUAL QUOTA
The number of students who are given financial assistance to undergo Industrial Training Abroad is two (2) people for each faculty.
NATIONAL QUOTA OF INDUSTRIAL TRAINING PLACES
To encourage UPM students to go to various countries in one year, only a maximum of three (3) UPM students are allowed to undergo Industrial Training in one country, in one year.
INDUSTRIAL TRAINING PLACE
- Students are required to obtain industrial training in companies or industries abroad.
- Students need to obtain a Placement/Acceptance Offer Letter from the company/industry.
- Industrial Training at Universities/Institutions is not allowed; unless the University/Institution acts as a coordinator to send students to companies/industries that have a network with the University/Institution.
- Obtained a CGPA/CGPA of at least 3.00 in the most recent semester and "GOOD" status.
- Has no disciplinary action cases.
Students show determination and knowledge to represent UPM and Malaysia to the international level.
- Obtained an offer of placement/acceptance to undergo industrial training from a company/industry abroad. If the application exceeds three (3) people from a faculty, priority will be given to:
- Students who get a placement in a company/industry with a high reputation.
- Students from low -income families.
RATE OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Please download the Guidelines for Application for Financial Assistance for Industrial Training (Overseas) which is effective on 1 January 2016.
Students are not charged a refund if they complete the Industrial Training within the stipulated period.
INDUSTRIAL TRAINING PERIOD
The duration of students undergoing Industrial Training is based on;
- Curriculum that has been set as in the program of study.
- The period agreed by the faculty.
INDUSTRIAL TRAINING REPORT
Students are required to send one (1) copy of the Industrial Training Report that has been certified by the Faculty to CIRNET for the purpose of recording and reference of other students.